The United States President Barack Obama, at the joint conference with the leader of South Korea, said that from now onwards, North Korea will not be rewarded when it shows provocative behavior.
Mr Obama, while flanked by President Park Geun-hye, told in a briefing at White House that North Korea now was more deserted than it ever was.
Ms Park happens to be on the first trip that is foreign since she took the position in February.
Before the meeting, the officials of US said that North Korea had transferred back two missiles which were medium-range from some coastal site for launching, thus lowering tension.
After privately having meeting in Oval Office with Ms Park on Tuesday, Mr Obama told briefing, “The days when North Korea could create a crisis and elicit concessions, those days are over.”
He further said, “President Park and myself very much share the view that we are going to maintain a strong deterrent, we’re not going to reward provocative behaviour, but we remain open to the prospect of North Korea taking a peaceful path.
“So far, at least, we haven’t seen actions on the part of the North Koreans that would indicate they’re prepared to move in a different direction.”
Ms Park said that her country wouldn’t tolerate the escalation and aggression of North Korea.
It was believed that Pyongyang had been getting ready last month for some launch, having threats of attacks in region.
These threats then followed strict latest sanctions imposed by UN in March on North Korea after the third nuclear experiment.
Also, North Korea has been furious due to the annual and wide-ranging military drills by US-South Korea which ended one week ago.